Incfile vs ZenBusiness
Forming a new LLC or corporation can feel intimidating. There are many steps to take, and ensuring accuracy is vital to avoid problems down the road. For entrepreneurs, the initial business formation process can be complex to navigate - but it doesn’t have to be. Fortunately, services like Incfile and ZenBusiness are making the business formation experience much simpler.
Essentially, these services help guide you through the process for forming a new LLC or corporation. They work directly with the relevant departments in each US state, and provide guidance and intuitive online tools to make your job easier.
While both ZenBusiness and Incfile can be great choices for entrepreneurs and founders, there are some key differences to consider. In this guide, we’ll compare Incfile vs ZenBusiness to help you select the right option for your situation.
Incfile vs ZenBusiness: Quick look
To compare these two services, let’s first start with the basics: What are these small business formation services all about, and why should you consider using them?
Similarities between Incfile and ZenBusiness
- Both provide an easy way to form a new LLC or corporation online
- Both are compatible with rules in all US states
- You work directly with Incfile/Zenbusiness; the service corresponds with your state
- Both help you fill out articles of organization, operating agreement, and other necessary documents
- Both provide Registered Agent services - all LLCs are required to have a Registered Agent to handle legal correspondence (although you can technically serve as your own agent in many states)
- Both have a variety of plans and packages to choose from
- Both offer lifetime customer support
- Both can help with ongoing compliance, such as the filing of annual reports to keep your company in good standing with state and federal agencies
Differences between Incfile and ZenBusiness
- Incfile supports the formation of partnerships and nonprofits; ZenBusiness does not
- ZenBusiness is a subscription service, with annual billing; Incfile has both one-time fee and subscription options, depending on the features you choose
- Incfile has plans from $0; ZenBusiness starts at $129
- ZenBusiness has a “build your own plan” feature, while Incfile only has premade packages
Check out our roundup of the Best LLC Services
- Limited Liability Companies (LLC)
- Corporations (C-corp and S-corp)
- Nonprofit corporations
- Partnerships (LP and LLP)
Incfile is perhaps best-known for their $0 Silver package. This plan is free - you simply pay for the state filing fees, which go directly to your state. This is the cheapest way to form a new LLC, as it does not cost any more than what you would spend doing all the work yourself.
The company has been in business since 2004, and has helped form more than 250,000 businesses. So, suffice it to say, Incfile has the experience to ensure accurate and timely business registration services.
A core part of Incfile’s business strategy is to recommend products and services to their customers. For instance, many plans come with a business bank account, a business website, and more - all of which are offered by partners of Incfile. This is how Incfile is able to offer such competitive pricing, as they have financial relationships with these partner organizations