Swyft Filings Review (2023)
Swyft Filings serves as a middleman between you and the state agency. They help you decide which business structure (LLC, corporation, etc.) makes sense for your situation. And then, they walk you through all the forms you need to fill out and all the steps you need to take to get your business licensed. This Swyft Filings review will explain more about this service, its features, how much it costs, and more.
If you’re starting a new business or organization, one of the first steps you’ll need to take is getting that business properly registered with your state. Each US state has a government department – usually the Secretary of State’s office or the Department of Revenue – that processes business licenses. You can apply directly with these departments. However, the process can be complex. For a simpler experience, it’s wise to use an online business formation service, such as Swyft Filings.
At a glance
Swyft Filings is an online business formation service. It helps you form a new company – or nonprofit organization – online. They also offer ongoing business services to help founders grow their companies, but the focus is on the initial stages of forming a new business.
With Swyft Filings, you can start an LLC, S corporation, C corporation, and much more. The service also helps nonprofit founders form nonprofit entities and even obtain tax-exempt 501 (c)(3) status. You can use Swyft Filings to obtain an employer identification number (EIN) and register new doing business as (DBA) names. The service can also serve as your Registered Agent and help you keep up with ongoing state and federal reporting requirements.
There are dozens of add-on services from Swyft Filings that can help your company on an ongoing basis. They can help with annual report filing, converting your business to a new structure, obtaining special permits and business licenses, and much more.
In short, Swyft Filings aims to be a trusted partner for your organization, helping with all licensing and legal requirements that you may face. Plus, they offer very competitive pricing, with a variety of plans to choose from – starting at just $49 + state fees.
Who Swyft Filings is best for
Swyft Filings is best for founders who are looking for help getting their business licensed quickly and accurately. It’s also a great option for charity founders; unlike many competitors, Swyft Filings makes it easy to start a nonprofit organization online.
The primary function of Swyft Filings is to help with the initial formation of your business. That said, the service is also helpful on an ongoing basis. If you’re looking for a trusted partner for years to come (with à la carte pricing, and no subscription fees), Swyft Filings is a great choice.
Swyft Filings features & services
There are two main aspects to the features and services of Swyft Filings: Helping you start a business and helping you grow it. Here’s a detailed breakdown. Keep in mind that available features depend on the package you choose, and some are sold as optional add-ons.
Swyft Filings helps you start your business by…
- Providing a simple way to start a business online
- Giving you your choice of limited liability company (LLC) or corporation
- Options to elect S-corp status
- Options to choose standard or rush processing speed
- Providing plans from just $49 (plus state fees)
- Options to obtain additional Doing Business As (DBA) names
- Options to obtain Employer Identification Number (EIN), sales tax licenses, reseller permits, and more
- Offering full compliance with regulations in all US states
- Providing help searching for an available business name
- Choice of several different LLC formation packages, corporation formation options, etc.
- Provides business formation templates and resources
- Also helps with registering new nonprofits, obtaining tax-exempt status, and more
- Much more!
Swyft Filings helps you grow your business by…
- Helping you build a website, obtain a business domain name, and more
- Providing optional Registered Agent service for ongoing correspondence
- Providing optional services to obtain specialized business licenses and permits
- Providing ComplianceGuard Company Alerts, which keep you on top of ongoing requirements
- Providing free 30-minute accounting consultation to get your bookkeeping in order
- Initial Report and Annual Report filing
- Business conversion services (switching from LLC to corporation, for example)
- Providing access to your licenses and forms online
- Online access to articles of organization, business templates, and other key documents
- Offering digital business filing and document filing
- Providing a huge online learning center for business growth resources
Essentially, Swyft Filings can help you with nearly any licensing, regulatory, or legal aspect of your business or nonprofit. Swyft Filings offers a variety of valuable services for additional fees. They are a valuable resource and partner for just about any organization.
Swyft Filings pricing & value
Swyft Filings costs $49 to $299 for business formation packages. Other services are available at an additional cost. Here’s a breakdown of the different packages offered by Swyft Filings.
Swyft Filings plan pricing
There are three packages from Swyft, with the main differences being features and processing speed. Pricing for Swyft Filing’s services is the same whether you’re forming an LLC, corporation, or nonprofit. However, state fees vary depending on the business structure. Keep in mind that state fees are charged on top of Swyft’s pricing (see below).
Basic Package – $49 + state fees
- Standard filing speed
- Basic business formation features
- Help with selecting available business name
- Free business tax and accounting consultation
- Free domain name
- Lifetime support
Standard Package – $149 + state fees
- Standard filing speed
- All features of Basic Plan
- Employer Identification Number (EIN) federal tax ID
- Custom forms like banking resolution and LLC operating agreement
- Lifetime support
Premium Package – $299 + state fees
- Express filing speed
- All features of Standard and Basic plans
- Express document shipping
- Electronic delivery of business documents
- Free business website, domain name, and 3 months of hosting
- Custom Digital LLC Kit or digital Corporate Kit
- Lifetime customer support
When you register a new business or nonprofit, you’ll have to pay registration fees directly to your state. Swyft Filing charges these state filing fees on top of its own pricing structure and then sends the funds directly to your state agency.
State fees vary significantly, depending on the state and the business structure you choose. For example, forming an LLC costs:
- $300 in Texas
- $200 in New York
- $70 in California
Incorporation costs will be different than LLC formation service costs. Each state has its own pricing structure. Thankfully, Swyft Filings will show you exactly how much it will cost during the signup process. They will also give you an estimated processing time, as each state has different turnaround times. Some are as fast as a few business days, while others may take a month or more.
Swyft Filings offers excellent value for small business owners. Its main benefit is simply ease of use; it makes a complex system of rules and regulations seem simple by providing very intuitive tools and resources.
Pricing is very competitive to similar incorporation services like ZenBusiness, Incfile, and LegalZoom. Particularly with the basic plan, Swyft Filings’ LLC costs are some of the cheapest in the industry.
Swyft Filings charges extra for add-on features, but these are all optional. And, unlike some competitors, there are no ongoing costs unless you specifically opt for extra features.
Swyft Filings customer support
Swyft Filings offers great customer service via phone, email, or live chat. Many Swyft Filings customer reviews have reported good experiences with their support staff.
Also, Swyft has lifetime customer support on all their packages. This is a great feature, particularly considering that these plans are just a one-time fee and don’t have ongoing subscription costs.
Swyft also offers specialized support and consultations in some areas. For example, each package comes with a free 30-minute tax and accounting consultation conducted by an accounting professional. This free access to specialized advice is a big benefit of Swyft Filings.
Overall, Swyft Filings is an excellent service for business owners. Its selection of business formation packages offers great features at a great value. And a wide range of additional services can help your business with any future needs that arise. Swyft Filings has earned positive reviews on Sitejabber, TrustPilot, and other third-party rating websites. Our own experience with the platform was very positive, leading us to recommend the service wholeheartedly.