BizFilings Review - 2022
When starting a new business, there are dozens of important steps you need to take. Perhaps the most important is getting your business registered and licensed with your state. Ensuring that this process is done accurately is essential to getting your business started in the right direction, and avoiding future issues.
Unfortunately, in many states, forming a new company (LLC, corporation, etc.) can be fairly complex. You’ll need to file many forms and documents, comply with all state and federal regulations, and in many cases, hire a Registered Agent to represent you. The good news is that there are many online services that can help make the process easier for you. One great option is BizFilings, an online LLC formation service. Our full BizFilings review will go over everything you need to know about this popular service.
BizFilings review: At a glance
BizFilings is an online service for small business owners, entrepreneurs, and nonprofit founders. Essentially, it helps you start a new business entity, by working with your state’s business registration department (usually the Secretary of State). The entire process is handled online, via BizFilings’ intuitive platform.
With BizFilings, you can quickly, easily, and accurately form a new corporation, LLC, nonprofit corporation, or even a partnership. The service helps with all the initial paperwork, as well as extras like employer identification numbers (EIN), doing business as (DBA) names, and much more.
Plus, BizFilings offers ongoing services to help your business thrive in the long run. They can be your Registered Agent, help you with filing annual reports, assist in converting or amending your business, and much more.
In short, BizFilings aims to be a trusted partner for all of your business’ legal filing requirements. They offer a variety of business formation plans to choose from, with rates starting at just $99 + state fees. It’s compatible with requirements in all US states. Keep reading for our full BizFilings review.
Check out our roundup of Best LLC Services
Who BizFilings is best for
BizFilings is best for entrepreneurs who want help getting their business formed efficiently and accurately. The service can help save you a lot of time and hassle, by helping you navigate the complex state and federal requirements for new businesses.
BizFilings is also a great choice for charity and nonprofit founders. It’s one of just a handful of similar services to offer formation packages for nonprofits.
Plus, BizFilings is useful on an ongoing basis. If you’re looking for a service to partner with for years to come (with simple pricing and no required subscription fees), BizFilings is a great choice.
BizFilings features & services
There are two main categories of BizFilings’ services: Tools to help with starting a business, and tools to help you grow or change your business. Here’s a breakdown of key offerings:
BizFilings helps you start your business by…
- Providing an easy and efficient way to start a new business online
- Giving you your choice of Limited Liability Company (LLC), partnership, or corporation
- Supplying an Incorporation Wizard tool to help you identify which business type is right for your situation
- Helping you meet all state and federal requirements
- Guiding you through the application process to ensure accuracy
- Serving as your Registered Agent, where required
- Helping you find the right company name with Business Name Availability Search
- Providing choice of several formation packages to suit your needs
- BizFilings also helps with the formation of new nonprofit entities
BizFilings helps you grow your business by…
- Providing ongoing Registered Agent services
- Helping you file Annual Reports each year
- Keeping your business compliant with filing requirements with ongoing BizComply service
- Helping to amend or change your business structure
- Helping to obtain state tax IDs and federal tax IDs, such as employer identification numbers (EIN)
- Performing business license and permit research
- Providing ongoing help with business filings
- Helping you obtain Doing Business As (DBA) names for your company
- Providing legal advice and recommendations for legal services
- Helping you obtain various LLC and corporate forms, Certificate of Good Standing, and more
- Helping you obtain Articles of Incorporation/Organization, and other key corporate forms
- Providing a variety of other services and resources
BizFilings can help with nearly any legal, filing, or registration need that your business may have. And often, if they don’t directly offer a service, they can help point you in the right direction.
BizFilings pricing & value
How much does BizFilings cost, and is it worth it? Business formation packages range from $99 to $434 + state fees. Other services are available at an additional cost.
BizFilings plan pricing
There are three business formation packages available from BizFilings. The main differences between them are features and processing service speed. Keep in mind that state fees are charged separately (see below), and vary by state. In some cases, such as with the Complete Package, BizFilings’ own fees will also vary, depending on the state you’re forming your business in.
Basic Package - $99 + state filing fees
- Standard filing speed
- All basic business formation features
- Business Name Check to find a company name
- Filing of all required state documents
- Ongoing compliance support with BizComply
- Free registered agent service included for 6 months (renews $174/year)
Standard Package - $229 + state filing fees
- Expedited filing speed
- All features of Basic plan included
- Sample LLC/corporation forms, like Operating Agreement
- LLC or Corporation kit and custom seal
- Includes 6 months registered agent service
Complete Package - $359-$434 + state filing fees
- Expedited filing speed + overnight shipping
- All features of Standard plan included
- Compliance DVD
- Certified Copies of state documents
- State tax ID number, where necessary
- Federal tax ID number (EIN) application included
- 6 months registered agent service included
Additional services are available on an as-needed basis, and are priced separately. BizFilings has packages to suit any size business, from startup to corporate giant.
Whenever you register a new business, you’ll need to pay various fees to the state you’re forming the business in. This is true regardless of whether you use a service, or file directly. When working with BizFilings, you’ll pay BizFilings’ fees (see above), in addition to state filing costs.
State business registration fees vary significantly. The cost depends on the state you’re incorporating in, as well as the business structure (corporation, LLC, etc.) that you choose. As an example, state fees for LLC formation packages cost:
- $160 in New York
- $280 in Washington State
- $79 in Florida
The state you file in also affects the turnaround time that you’ll receive. Some states process rapidly - in as little as a few business days - while others may take up to a month.
Fortunately, during the checkout process, BizFilings will show you a preview of state filing fees, as well as expected processing times, in the state you’re filing in.
BizFilings offers a lot of value for small business owners. It’s biggest benefit is that it can help save you a lot of time, giving you more freedom to focus on the core aspects of your business.
Compared to similar incorporation services and business service providers, like ZenBusiness, LegalZoom, and Incfile, BizFilings’ pricing structure is competitive. Their Basic plan, at $99, is a solid value, but depending on your needs, one of the larger plans may be a better fit.
Keep in mind that while BizFilings’ formation packages are just a one-time cost, there may be ongoing expenses for some services. Registered Agent service, for instance, costs $174/year after the initial free 6 month period.
BizFilings customer support
BizFilings offers great customer service. BizFilings customer support agents are available via phone, online chat, and email. You’ll have access to support during your initial filing process, and also on an ongoing basis.
Looking at BizFilings customer reviews, you can see that many people have had positive experiences with their support staff. The company is well rated on TrustPilot, has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), and has earned positive marks from a variety of industry professionals.
Overall, BizFilings is a great service for entrepreneurs and business owners. The entire formation process is handled online, helping simplify an outdated state filing system. A variety of packages, at different price points, means that BizFilings offers a good option for all your business needs and budgetary restrictions.
It offers a good variety of services, but is specialized enough to be very proficient at its core offerings. For instance, it offers some add-on services, but unlike some competitors, BizFilings focuses on the core business formation services - and it performs these services with precision and efficiency.
BizFilings’ competitive pricing, good marks from customers, and friendly support staff make it one of the best LLC formation services around. Plus, it’s unique support for partnership and nonprofit entities means that it’s genuinely useful for nearly any situation, regardless of business structure.